Feb 2, 2009

New "made from scratch" place added in Plainwell


I like places where everything is made from scratch! If you feel the same way, you have to try Nancy's Kitchen Kafe in Plainwell next to Plainwell Ice Cream. Nancy started with catering and box lunches, however this last spring opened up a restaurant in the back. Small but nice. The prices are more than fair and the food is great! I had the the Cran-Turk Cheese for $6.75. This was a whole wheat wrap with real roasted turkey, cream cheese and some amazing cranberry chutney that Nancy found and will eventually run out of till next year. One of the best sandwiches I have had! I also warmed up with her Chicken Gumbo soup which was very good. She has a different homemade soup every day. Dinner specials are ever changing as well. For January it was Chicken and Dumplings every Thursday! This place also serves breakfast on Saturdays. Check the guide for more details, such as hours and web address.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't think of one thing that I have had from Nancy's cooking that I didn't like. It is worth checking out so you should just do it.