Jan 18, 2017

This place is new in 2016. A very nice micro-brewery is now open in Sister Lakes called Sister Lakes Brewing Company. Roomy, comfortable and decorated with old signs from former area businesses. The Morin family has been coming to Sister Lakes from Illinois since the 1930's when great grandpa bought a cottage there. I tried a flight and had two other seasonal beers as well and liked them all. The Driftskipper winter warmer was outstanding. It was a dark beer with eight spices added (cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger, coriander and orange). I also was impressed with the Brown, Porter and Chocolate Milk Stout. They have a nice menu with several sandwiches and appetizers, however I did not eat on this visit. I will update after my next visit. I also like their slogan "Fostering Community, One Pint At A Time". Nice place, nice people. Check out the guide for more details.

No comments: