Aug 15, 2010

New place added in Paw Paw


New in 2010. This place has a very gregarious owner(Tim) who may even come out to meet you and shake your hand while carrying a package of his top quality hot dogs. Red's Root Beer Drive-In in Paw Paw is a nice addition to the area dining scene. I really liked the chili dog on my first trip and I really liked the hamburger on my second. These along with other offerings like chicken, fish and pulled pork sandwiches are available in a basket that includes coleslaw or apple sauce and fries. With my dog and burger I had a frosted mug of fresh made daily homemade root beer. Tim makes the root beer fresh every morning from their own recipe. They have a much larger menu than most other root beer places in the area, in total square footage and in items offered. The menu hangs down from the carport. Carhops take your order and deliver it on trays that hang over your window. You can also get onion rings, fried mushrooms and poppers. For dessert try a rootbeer float, cone, brownie sundae or Red's special seasonal desserts from the special board. Recently it was strawberry shortcake. Nice place with very good food!

No comments: