Mar 20, 2010

Very special Chicago style eats in Kalamazoo!


This place is non-descript from the outside and mostly take-out on the inside with only four stools at a counter for seating. However, once you have had the food at Ray Rays Italian Beef & Sausage , it will keep you coming back. The italian beef is great either plain or "dipped". Maybe add hot giardinieria peppers or even add italian sausage. The pulled pork is cooked out back on charcoal and comes with hot or mild bbq sauce. I like the hot! The fries are cut fresh and may be the best in town. My wife loves the bbq chicken which she gets with the hot bbq sauce and it falls off the bone. Real "Maxwell St." polish sausage, chicago dogs and several hamburger choices will satisfy a diverse crowd. Call first if you want their famous italian meatball sandwich, they run out often! Find this place and you will thank anyone who told you about it. Thanks Lindsey!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can agree with everything you said, this place is amazing. Great quality and price. They recently added some deserts that they sell up at the counter, haven't tried them yet but they look good. Also a thing to note is that you will need to bring cash.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Where is this place!?

Terry said...

If you click on the highlighted name of the restaurant it will take you to the listing in the data base with the address etc.

Anonymous said...

Actually it didn't when I tried that the other night. It just brought me to a generic map page with no info. It works now though so not sure what I did wrong. I went through the guide and found it that way. Thank you for finding this place! I ate lunch there today...as a Chicago transplant myself, I understand craving an Italian beef. I will be visiting often...

Jaylena said...

Full name : jaylena
E-mail : jaylenad@aol.com
Comment : Ray Rays is one of the best places that I've eaten at. The atmosphere is so down to earth and real and everyone is so nice and seem so fun and family oriented... I recommend this place to anyone looking for good fresh home cooked chicago style food...They use so many freshly cut items it amazes me...They cut everything up by hand and you don't see any food processors in the back...They are real home town kinda people... I eat there evry week and the food is always fresh and hot.