Nov 10, 2008

Two Bakeries Added


I went to two bakeries this week and added them both. I have walked or driven by this little bakery a hundred times and never noticed it. Jim T. told me I was missing the boat so I stopped. He was right! Louie's Bakery in downtown Marshall may be a hole in the wall, but what great food! They are known far and wide for their cakes and pies. I have read other reviews that rave about the lemon merenque. I also heard they had the best creme horns anywhere so I tried one and I agree! They are most famous for their nutty rolls. I had one of those later. This looks like a cinnamon roll with a light brown buttercream frosting filled with chopped peanuts...unbelievable. I will have a hard time going anywhere near Marshall now without stopping in Louie's. More details in the guide.

No comments: